- The person should be the domicile of Madhya Pradesh, and
- Belongs to Below Poverty Line, and
- The disease should be from the 20 listed diseases given above.
- There is a standard form available at following places
- Office of the District Collector
- Office of District Chief Medical and Health Officer
- Office of the District Civil Surgeon
- District Hospital
The applicant has to give application in prescribed from to Collector of the District in the name of Director Public Health & FW , The Collector / Sub Divisional Magistrate will give certificate of below poverty line & residential certificate and forward it to Civil Surgeon for certification of the disease, The estimate of the recognized institution (Economy class ) shall be attached for giving grant . the application is forwarded to the Secretary, State Illness Assistance Fund . The application is scrutinized and if found complete & fit within the ambit of SIAF the application is examined by a Sub committee. The management constituted under chairmanship of Honorable Minister, Public Health & Family Welfare gives the final sanction for the case
Status of the Application
- Approved Case: An order will be issued with the intimation to the patient/Collector/Civil Surgeon and the cheque for medical treatment will be directly send to the concerned Hospital/Institution. The patient can go there and get the treatment free of cost.
- Evaluation of the Case: If found necessary, the case can be referred to the medical college for evaluation of the case and re-assessment of the expenditure. Thereafter the case thus received will be again processed by the SIF office.
- Disallowed/Rejected Case: The cases which does not comes within norms/category are rejected straightway.